Syneron is one of the leading aesthetic laser manufacturers worldwide and their VelaSmooth system was the first non-invasive FDA approved medical device for the treatment of cellulite reduction. This highly popular and effective cosmetic laser was eventually followed by Syneron’s VelaShape I laser system. These cosmetic devices can be found in medspas and medical practices around the globe and are used for full body circumferential and cellulite reduction.
Both systems utilize bi-polar radio frequency (RF) and light based energy to power the equipment. Non-invasive treatments with no downtime make any of these systems a worthwhile purchase for your practice.
As far as used aesthetic lasers go, both the VelaShape and VelaSmooth are sound investments, each with their own differentiators. Below is brief comparison of the two models.
One of the key differences between the VelaSmooth and the VelaShape system is the dual connector that can be found on the VelaShape system.vsmooth applicator
With the dual connector, both the small and large treatment heads can be plugged into the system at the same time; allowing you to switch back and forth between the heads during a treatment session. This saves a great deal of time and is a highly efficient means of delivering treatment.
- Maximum electrical power of the RF energy component is 50 Watts for the VSmooth Applicator and 20 Watts for the VContour Applicator.
- VSmooth Applicator(the large handpiece ) – 360 mbar of negative pressure.
- VContour Applicator( The small handpiece ) – 380 mbar of negative pressure.
- Maximum electrical power of the IR light is 35 watts (35 J/sec) for the VSmooth Applicator and 16 Watts (16 J/sec) for the VContour Applicator.
The dual connector option is not available for the VelaSmooth system. Therefore the small and large handpiece cannot be connected or utilized at the same time.
- Maximum electrical power of the IR (infared) light is 20 watts (20 J/sec) for the Contour Applicator (smaller handpiece) ; and 50 Watts (50 J/sec) for the Body Applicator (larger handpiece).
- Maximum electrical power of the RF energy is 20 Watts or 20 J/sec.
- Vacuum levels are 200 (Level 1), 250 (Level 2), and 300 (Level 3) mbar of negative pressure.
- The VelaSmooth emits gentle heating infrared light between 700-2000 nm in a continuous wave mode.
Of course the first generation VelaShape is more powerful and the dual connector makes it a faster system, but the efficacy of either system is solid. What it comes down to is cost. If you are already committed to investing in a used cosmetic laser, you know that your savings can be upwards of 70%. For the additional investment in a VelaShape, you can increase the number of treatments you can perform in a set length of time. This might be the better option if you can afford the additional capital.