Syneron developed their patented elōs technology which has become a highly regarded technology for cosmetic and aesthetic treatment. The acronym means Electro-Optical Synergy. This technology is utilized in several of Syneron’s laser systems and is recognized as very safe and effective when compared to other types of light based lasers available on the market. Syneron’s successful eLight laser is which offers multiple treatment applications is powered by elōs technology.
What exactly is elōs technology?
One of the key differences between the VelaSmooth and the VelaShape system is the dual connector that can be found on the VelaShape system.
- Electo is bipolar radio frequency (RF) current
- Optical is pulsed light energy
These energies (RF and pulsed light) are emitted to the skin from a chilled applicator tip. When delivered together to the skin, they present a remarkable way of treating skin conditions.
Traditional pulsed light sources have long been used for photothermolysis of targets in the skin but it presents certain limitations of traditional laser or light source energy are:
- Light is selectively absorbed and not enough light energy absorbed by the target means less efficacy.used syneron elight laser
- When too much light energy is absorbed by non-target tissue, the result is collateral damage or unwanted side effects to either the epidermis or dermis or both.
Syneron’s elōs technology addresses the issues outlined above. The light and the RF energies play equal but different roles by reducing one and increasing the other’s impact. The result is that efficacy isn’t compromised and safety is greatly improved.
Hair removal, wrinkle treatment, dermal remodeling, pigmented lesion removal and vascular lesion removal are some of the most common skin indications that have been successfully treated by a variety of wavelengths and filtered spectrum light. Syneron’s eLight system effectively delivers elōs techonology to address these skin issues.
The key reasons to purchase a used Syneron eLight laser are:
- The eLight uses IPL and RF technologies to treat patients (elōs).
- The eLight is a very solid and reliable IPL system.
- By simply switching out handpieces, you can provide a variety of treatment options for your patients:
- The DS head offers safe and effective IPl hair removal,
- The AC applicator provides acne treatment,
- The ST handpiece (Refirme) is used for skin tightening,
- and the SR and SRA handpieces are used for skin rejuvenation treatments.
- The control panel design makes it very user friendly.
- The system is easy to transport.